Dr Bako Mallam Modu, is the first indigenous product of this great College to became the provost of the Institution, Federal College of Freshwater Fisheries Technology Baga.
He was born in December 31st, 1965. In Gajiram town of Nganzai Local Government.
He attended Gajiram, Lamisula, Damagum and Kayeri Central primary school between the year (1972-1978) to obtained his Primary School Leaving School Cert, in former Borno state.
He attended Government Technical Secondary school Damagum and Government Science Secondary School Potiskum between the year 1978 -1983 for his Secondary School Certificate (SSCE).
In the year 1986, he proceeded to FEDERAL FRESHWATER FISHERIES SCHOOL BAGA, Then and now FCFFT Baga, to obtained his OND in Fisheries management (1986-1988).
Vision For Fish Abundance
He moved on to University of Maiduguri from the year 1992-1998 to obtained his BSc. (Hons) Zoology, further to the Institute of Aquaculture University of Sterling Scotland, UK to obtained MSc. Aquaculture (Water quality and Aquatic Ecology).from the year 2003-2004 and Proceeded to Institute of Tropical Aquaculture Universiti in Malaysia Terengganu, Darul-Iman, From the year 2009-2013 to obtained his Ph. D Aquaculture (in Fish Health).
Dr. Bako M. Modu is currently an Associate Professor of Ecological fish parasitology, who served in various capacities, From:
- Office Clerk, With Haskoning Engineering Consultants Nigerian Ltd. In 1984 (Private)
- Fisheries Superintendent, Borno State Ministry of Agriculture, 1989-1991
- BOSADP Research Officer in Fisheries 1991-1998.
- Head of Agricultural Technology Dept. & Senior Lecturer at Mohamet Lawan College of Agriculture Maiduguri, from 2005-2007.
- Lecturer and Associate Prof. in Dept. of Fisheries, University of Maiduguri and Head of Dept. From 1999-2021.
- And Now the Provost of Federal College of Freshwater fisheries Technology, Baga.
His Major area of Specialization is: Fish Health (Ecological Fish Parasitology) Other Area of Research interest, Includes:Fish Farming (Integrated Fish Farming), Ecology of Indigenous Fish species, Inland Water Quality and Pollution Control.
Milestone Discovery: He discovered new Species of Fish gill parasite: monogenea (Dactylogyrus terengganusis n.sp) from Kenyir Lake, Malaysia. He has more than 30 publications of Journals and conference papers in both national and international level and holds many professional membership of Fisheries Association.This is Associate Prof. (Dr) Bako Mallam Modu.